The Passaat is a beautiful clipper
The slender, black-and-white clipper has a beautiful sheer, making it a fast sailer. The Passaat has an experienced crew. Skipper and his crew will make sure you have an unforgettable sailing experience. They take all your wishes into account and this means a pleasant and relaxed holiday atmosphere on board the ship.
Skipper Joris van Zoest t 06 1525 6027
For an overnight stay, the Passaat offers accommodation for 28 persons. During a day trip there is room for a maximum of 45 passengers. As a result, the Passaat is particularly suitable for a company outing or a sailing holiday with family.
The Passaat is moored in Willemshaven harbour in Harlingen. This is also the boarding place for the sailing trips.
The current position of the Passaat can be found here
Operation of the sails
Are you an experienced sailor? Then you will certainly be interested in the operation of the sails.
- Mainsail: electric winch or manual
- Jib: manual hoisting
- Jib topsail: manual hoisting, 2 brace winches
- Mizzen: manual hoisting
- Centreboards: electric winch
The Passaat is comfortably furnished and offers a great deal of space for all passengers. Headroom inside is 2.20 metres throughout
The interior of the saloon consists of 4 tables with sofas and chairs. In addition, you can make use of:
- TV with internet connection and Wi-Fi
- Music system with USB and iPod connection
- Books on plant and animal life in the Wadden Sea
- Nautical maps of the Wadden Sea and the IJsselmeer Lake
- Walking and cycling maps of all the Wadden Islands
- Projector screen (on request)
The galley of the Passaat is equipped with the following:
- Gas stove with 6 burners
- Oven 70 liters
- Hot cabinet
- Coffee machine (2 litres) including filters
- Fridge 425 litres
- Glassdoor fridge 88 litres
- Freezer 50 litres
- Beer tap (one 20-litre barrel of Grolsch beer costs €82)
- On request: BBQ
- Inventorylist Passaat.
The comfortable cabins of the Passaat include:
- Beds dimension 2 x 0.75 metres ( 4 beds are 2.20 x 0.75 metres in cabin 1 and cabin 2) all beds are equipped with fitted sheets, pillows with cases and duvets with covers
On request a ladder to the top bunk
- 2 x extra beds upon request à € 80 p.s.
- Bedside lamp
- Wash basin with hot and cold running water, mirror, lamp and cabinet
- Storage room
- Coat hooks
- Central heating
The sanitary area is located at the centre of the ship. This is equipped with:
- 2 showers with mirror and wall hooks
- 3 toilets with wash basin and mirror
- Central heating
Above deck the enclosure offers a safe, sheltered place during sailing. It is equipped with:
- Rain / sun tent
The prices below are for the maximum number of passengers and include booking costs, a 2-man crew, port dues, tourist tax, final cleaning and complete bed linen.
|Period||Passaat 28 p.||2020||2021|
|weekend||Fri 8 p.m. – Sun 5 p.m.||€ 3920||€ 3990|
|week||Sat 10 a.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€ 7270||€ 7410|
|midweek||Sun 8 p.m. – Fri 8 a.m.||€ 4790||€ 4890|
|midweek||Mon 10 a.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€ 4790||€ 4890|
|midweek||Sun 8 p.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€ 5290||€ 5390|
|afternoontrip||from 12 a.m.-8 p.m.
||from € 80||from € 80|
||from 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
||from € 105||from € 105|
|daytrip Su- Fr
||from 9 a.m. -6 p.m.||€ 1720||€ 1720|
||from 9 a.m. -6 p.m.||€ 2230||€ 2230|
|one-day extension||€ 1160||€ 1190|
A pre-overnight stay on board the Passaat 2020 costs € 500
A pre-overnight stay on board the Passaat 2021 costs € 510
Till 03/05/2020 and from 21/09/2020 you benefit from a 10% discount.
Till 07/05/2021 and from 25/09/2021 you benefit from a 10% discount.