The Poseidon is a rugged 36-metre long clipper
This is why the ship offers a great deal of space both above and below deck
The sailing properties of the clipper have greatly improved over the years. The Poseidon is equipped with a comfortable interior that ensures a cosy atmosphere.
The skipper- owners Nico Goeres and Alida Beekhuizen will make sure you have a fantastic sailing experience, and they think of all your wishes and requirements.
Mobile number Nico: 0031 6 2374 8831
Mobile number Alida: 0031 6 2874 9342
Number of persons
The Poseidon offers space for a maximum of 32 passengers for an overnight stay. During a day trip there is room for a maximum of 50 people. As a result, the Poseidon is eminently suitable for a company outing, a school trip or a sailing holiday with family.
The Poseidon is moored in Willemshaven harbour in Harlingen. This is also the boarding place for the sailing trips.
The current position of the Poseidon can be found here.
Operation of the sails
As an experienced sailor, you must be curious to know about the operation of the sails. This works as follows:
- Mainsail: electric winch or manual operation
- Jib: manual hoisting
- Jib topsail: manual hoisting, 2 brace winches
- Mizzen: manual hoisting
- Centreboards: electric winch
The Poseidon has a spacious saloon and 14 cabins that are comfortably fitted out.
The interior of the saloon consists of 4 tables and chairs. In addition, you can make use of:
- TV with internet connection and Wi-Fi
- Music system with USB and iPod connection
- Books on plant and animal life in the Wadden Sea
- Nautical maps of the Wadden Sea and the IJsselmeer Lake
- Walking and cycling maps of all the Wadden Islands
- Projector screen (on request)
You can use a fully fitted-out galley that is equipped with:
- Stove with 6 burners
- Oven 70 liters
- Hot cabinet
- Coffee machine (2 litres) including filters
- Fridge 420 litres
- Freezer 130 litres
- Beer tap (one 20-litre barrel of Grolsch beer costs €82)
- Inventorylist Poseidon
The cabins of the Poseidon are comfortably fitted out and feature:
- Beds (dimensions 2 x 0.75 m) equipped with fitted sheets, pillows with case and duvets with cover, on request a ladder to the top bunk
- Bedside lamp
- Wash basin with hot and cold running water, mirror, lamp and cupboard
- Storage area
- Coat hooks
- 220 volt
- Central heating
The sanitary facilities are located at the centre of the ship, fitted with:
- 2 showers with mirror and wall hooks
- 4 toilets with wash basin and mirror
Above deck the enclosure offers a safe, sheltered space during sailing. It is fitted with:
- Rain / sun tent
The prices below are for the maximum number of passengers and include booking costs, a 2-man crew, port dues, tourist tax, final cleaning and complete bed linen.
|Period||Poseidon 32 p.||2019||2020|
|weekend||Fri 8 p.m. – Sun 5 p.m.||€4100||€4270|
|week||Sat 10 a.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€7920||€8310|
|midweek||Sun 8 p.m. – Fri 8 a.m.||€5300||€5460|
|midweek||Mon 10 a.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€5300||€5460|
|midweek||Sun 8 p.m. – Fri 3 p.m.||€5830||€6010|
|afternoontrip||from 12 a.m. – 8 p.m.||from €75||from €80|
|daytrip Packagetour||from 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.||from €99||from €105|
|daytrip Su- Fr||from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.||€1930||€1980|
|daytrip Saterday||from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.||€2430||€2500|
A pre-overnight stay on board the Poseidon 2019 costs € 530
A pre-overnight stay on board the Poseidon 2020 costs € 550
Untill 05/-05/2019 and from 23/09/2019 you benefit from a 10% discount.
Untill 03/-05/2020 and from 21/09/2020 you benefit from a 10% discount.